Thursday, November 26, 2009

A Holiday Tradition

First of all, I want to wish all my US friends a very Happy Thanksgiving and if you're traveling, safe journey !!!!

Now, on to the purpose of this post. My DH and I have been going to TSO (Trans Siberian Orchestra) concerts for about 7 years now and it's become a holiday tradition. Last night was the night. If you've never seen them, you've missed a treat. The first half is a Christmas rock opera, I guess you'd call it, but there's a very powerful message, delivered in a heavy metal style. The message is about peace and love. Now, normally, I'm not a heavy metal kinda girl, but I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this concert and look forward to it with great anticipation every year. Here's a video that's their 2009 tour promotion, with some clips from a performance.



You can find out more about TSO, see more videos and hear more music at their web site: Trans Siberian Orchestra.

Last night's concert was just as fabulous as I'd expected. As a fan club member, I can get advanced tickets and we were on the eleventh row this year. Perfect! Last year we were on the second row and that was a little *too* close. The light show is worth the price of admission, even if the music wasn't just awesome, but it is LOUD. We took ear plugs last year and again this year for the second half, where they let it all hang out, LOL! We could hear the concert just fine and could still hear after the concert ;-)

If you get a chance, go see them! You will not be disappointed. The audience ranges in age from little kids to great- grandparents--the message and music truly appeals to all age groups.

Thanks for dropping by! I'll be back tomorrow with a Stamp Simply challenge card!


2 comments:

  1. Wow! That is a concert I would love to go to sometime in my lifetime! Glad you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you live near PORTLAND????

    My mom went last night too.... AM I CLOSE ENOUGH TO STALK YOU??? LOL

    Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!