Friday, October 16, 2009

A Gatefold Card--Stamp Simply #109

It's time for another Stamp Simply challenge. This week Sharon has challenged us to do a gate fold card. While I like these cards a lot, I don't do them very often so I'm happy Sharon is getting me out of my "box". Here's what she says:

Friday, Oct. 16 - ssnotime109 - Gatefold -- Today's challenge deals with how we fold our card -- we are going to do Gatefold cards today. Fun for a change! Gatefolds are cards that fold in from each side, meeting in the middle, so it opens like a gate. The folds don't have to be symmetrical, your opening can be off center if you like. Check out all the DT samples for some great ideas with this fun fold!!!

So here's mine. I chose some gorgeous new Heidi Grace fall paper called Harvest Flower and PTI's Autumn Abundance stamp set for this card. To make my gate fold card, I used an 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" piece of So Saffron card stock and scored it at 2 1/8" from each end then folded it towards the center--which made me end up with a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" card. Then I layered Ripe Avocado (PTI) card stock and the patterned paper on each side, after adding some burgundy ribbon. I then added a Vintage button tied on with twine on each piece of ribbon. The focal image was stamped on Gina K. Pure Luxury 80 lb paper with Memento Rich Cocoa ink and colored with Copic markers. I then cut/embossed it with a Classic Circle Nestabilities die and layered it on more Ripe Avocado cut/embossed with a Labels Three die. I attached it to the left flap and decorated the inside with more patterned paper and another panel of So Saffron, on which the sentiment was stamped. Both of these layers were cut/embossed with a Labels Eight Nestabilities die.

So, now it's your turn. Come along and play and take us up on the challenge--we'd love to see what you come up with. If you do, be sure to leave a comment on Sharon's blog telling her where you uploaded. Please use the keyword ssnotime108 if you upload to a public forum. Check out Sharon's fabulous sample and also the great designs from the Stamp Simply team:

Amy Rohl - October Guest Designer

Julie Koerber

Barb Schram (Jennifer Buck is taking some time off)

Janine Orchard

A J Otto

Tammy Hershberger

Deb Saarenen

Jenny Gropp

Thanks for dropping by today!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Autumn Abundance (PTI)
Paper: So Saffron (SU!); Ripe Avocado (PTI); Harvest Flower (Heidi Grace); Pure Luxury 80 lb (Gina K. Designs)
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa
Accessories: Cuttlebug/Nestabilties dies; ribbon (craft store); Copic markers; Vintage buttons and twine (PTI)

8 comments:

  1. This is totally gorgeous, Barbara! I LOVE that fun paper and your ribbon/button treatment! Your image is so beautifully colored -- just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Barb... I love that set from PTI! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that vase of flowers--they just pop, but in a subtle way! The ribbon and offset buttons is a great look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very gorgeous! I LOVE this new PTI set! The inside of your design is just as fabulous as the out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Barbara -- this is outstanding -- love every little detail about it -- a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beauty! I LOVE how you did the ribbons with the buttons, and that paper is gorgeous! And the inside if the perfect finishing touch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this layout Barbara!! This is just a stunning card with all the little extras you added!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!