Thursday, August 13, 2009

Grillin' and Chillin'

Summer's winding down, so we're planning a little get together with some friends for a cookout at our house in a couple of weeks. I decided rather than email or call them, to send this invitation. Grillin' Guy was feelin' a little lonesome, so I dragged him out to help. I'm using this week's new My Favorite Things' sketch challenge layout for this card and I'm lovin' it! I'll be using this one more in the future!

My card base is Kraft with layers of Gable Green (I think this is the VERY first time I've ever used Gable Green--yeehaw!!!), Groovy Guava, and DP from Nana's Kitchen mat stack by DCWV with some stitching (yeah, I'm becoming addicted to stitching, LOL). Pewter brads accent every corner. I stamped the main image on a Perfect Paper Panel with Memento Rich Cocoa ink and colored it with Copic markers, but Grillin' Guy's apron is paper pieced. I love how my coals turned out--I used Amy Sheffer's HTDT tutorial, which is great!! Then I layered it on more Groovy Guava and Gable Green and stitched around it, as well, and popped it up on 3M foam squares. The sentiment was stamped on Kraft with Rich Cocoa ink, punched out with the Designer Lable punch, matted on a Gable Green 1 3/8" circle, with a pewter brad accent. It's also up on foam squares. Then I added a ribbon on a pewter spiral clip with a pewter charm hanging from it. I love this card.

Here's the inside, ready for the message:













I'm so glad you stopped by today!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Grillin' Guy (MFT)
Paper: Kraft, Gable Green, Groovy Guava (SU!); Nana's Kitchen Mat Stack (DCWV); Perfect Paper Panels (MFT)
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa
Accessories: 3M foam squares, ribbon, Perle cotton, brads, spiral clip (craft store); charm (Karen Foster); Copic markers; Designer Label punch (SU!); 1 3/8" circle punch (EK Success); sewing machine

3 comments:

  1. This is great! I love the bbq charm! That's one fancy invitation for grillin'! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, Bar! When should I come over? That charm is PERFECT, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!