Friday, July 10, 2009

Sun & Fun--Stamp Simply #95

It's another Stamp Simply Challenge day and Sharon wants us to make some sparks fly! Here's the challenge in her words:

July 10 - ssnotime95 - Let the Sparks Fly! - I know the 4th is over, but fireworks are a big deal around here and the sparks are still flying! So let's make some sparks of our own today -- or at least *sparkles* -- today let us use glitter, generous amounts of glitter (if you like) so our creations sparkle away and catch the eye. Let's create our own fireworks here in blogland! Have fun getting sparkly!!! (If you are not a glitter user, then just make sure you add some sparkly feature to your project!)

Glitter and I have a love-hate relationship--I love to see it but I hate to use it, LOL. So, for my sparkle, I decided to use jewels and a little glitter paper. This is the first time I've used this Bling 'Bet set from My Favorite Things (also appears to be sold out right now, but check back often!), so this challenge made me get it out and use it--a good thing!

My main image is from the latest Who's That Girl line at My Favorite Things called Catch Some Rays. I stamped it on a Perfect Paper Panel with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and Colored it with Copic markers. My patterned paper is from the Fun In the Sun mat stack by DCWV and I'm using Tempting Turquoise and Pumpkin Pie card stock. The letters were stamped with Tempting Turquoise, Pumpkin Pin, and Summer Sun, cut out, and blinged up! The sun and the ampersand were cut with my Cuttlebug Yard Sale alphabet dies using the Glitter Stack, also from DCWV. The umbrella was stamped on more patterned paper, cut out, and popped up on 3M foam squares. I punched the sun with Martha Stewart's star burst punch and made the center, which is up on a bit of foam square, with a 1/2" punch.

This card is not my usual--I was out of my comfort zone again making it but I love how it turned out! Thanks, Sharon, for challenging me!!

Now, be sure to check out the other team members' sparkly creations--we'd love to see what you come up with. If you do, be sure to leave a comment on Sharon's blog telling her where you uploaded. Please use the keyword ssnotime95 if you upload to a public forum. Check out Sharon's fabulous sample and also the great designs from the Stamp Simply team:

Rose Ann - July Guest Designer

Julie Koerber

Jennifer Buck

Janine Orchard

A J Otto

Tammy Hershberger

Deb Saarenen

Jenny Gropp

I'm so glad you stopped by today!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Catch Some Rays, Bling 'Bet (MFT)
Paper: Whisper White, Pumpkin Pie, Tempting Turquoise (SU!); Fun in the Sun, Glitter Stack (DCWV)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Cuttlebug/alphabet dies; 3M foam squares, rhinestones (craft store); starburst punch (Martha Stewart); 1/2" circle punch, ticket corner punch (SU!)

8 comments:

  1. This is too cute! You did a great job with it!

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is just so pretty!! I love the sparkly bling!!
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO cute Barbara! What a "fun" design around this gal taking a tan! Love your sentiment and sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute ! Love all the bling on the letters, and her tan is great! Do you suppose I could color myself with Copics and get that? Maybe if I could borrow your ABS?

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW-- bring on the bling! This is just FUN! What a fab summer card full of sparkles!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this fun scene you've created, and you've added all of the sparkle in just the right ways!! I especially love your "blinged out" sentiment!! Perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super fun card - Barbara!!! Love the summery colors, the sparkles and your layout!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!