Thursday, March 12, 2009

Flourished Mojo Sympathy

This card is for two challenges: Mojo Monday #77 (can't believe I'm getting this done so early--it's only Thursday, LOL!) and Flourishes' March Pre-release challenge--Get Sentimental.

My base card is Whisper White with layers of Basic Black and Basic Gray. The first element is Basic Black with a layer of Baja Breeze stamped with Flourishes' Damask backgrounder in Versamark and heat embossed with black embossing powder. The next element is simply Basic Black and Baja Breeze. The focal image--and sentiment--is from Flourishes' Thinking Of You set and was stamped with Basic Black craft ink and heat embossed with clear embossing powder. (I was doing a test, LOL.) It was then cut/embossed with an oval Nestabilities die and matted with Baja Breeze and Basic Black, both cut/embossed with oval dies, plain and scalloped. This element is up on 3M foam squares. Prima flowers are attached with gemstone brads from Recollections. I resisted the urge to add more brads in the upper corners--I really think it's enough as it is. Sometimes less really *is* more. ;-)

Thanks for dropping in!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Damask backgrounder, Thinking Of You (Flourishes)
Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black, Basic Gray, Baja Breeze (SU!)
Ink: Versamark; Basic Black craft (SU!)
Accessories: Cuttlebug/oval Nestabilties; 3M foam squares, clear and black embossing powder, gemstone brads (craft store); heat gun; Prima flowers

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Wonderful colors and I like the sketch you used!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very elegant...I love the damask stamped bg! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is lovely Bar! Love the Baja with the black!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!