Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Sending you sunshine!

We're having a very sunny day here in Southcentral Virginia so I thought I'd send a little sunshine to all my readers! I like most of my cards a lot--but I gotta tell you, I *really* {heart} this one. A lot. When I started looking for a stamp to use for MFTWTG challenge #23, this was one of the ones I hadn't inked up that was not "holiday" oriented. Guess that means I need to go shopping, right? So, I started off with it and it just "evolved" into a card I LOVE!! Maybe it's just because it's so bright and cheerful and promising that Summer is on the way. OK, I'll stop patting myself on the back now, and get on with the card, LOL! I think this card will qualify for The Pink Elephant's sketch challenge this week, too.

My base card is Whisper White with layers (GHL--gotta have layers, LOL!) of Kiwi Kiss, Summer Sun, Pacific Point, and Good Morning Sunshine DSP.
The focal image was stamped on Gina K.'s Pure Luxury 80 lb. paper (LOVE this paper for Copics!!!) with Memento Rich Cocoa ink using a stamp from MFT's By the Seashore set and colored with Copic markers (see picture below for colors I used). That Girl's hat was paper pieced with more DSP, and was embellished with a little punched out flower. The focal image was then layered on Kiwi Kiss, Summer Sun, and Pacific Point. The next element is Pacific Point that I ran through my Cuttlebug with a scalloped long rectangle Nestabilities die to look like waves. Then I added a layer of Good Morning Sunshine DSP on which I stamped the sentiment, from the same set. Pacific Point striped ribbon was tied around in a knot, with a little starfish charm from K & Co. tied on with some bright yellow hemp. The little seagull on pilings was also colored with Copics, cut out, and attached on 3M foam squares.

Thanks for dropping by! I hope you like this card as much as I do--I'd love to hear from you if you do!

~Recipe~
Stamps:
By the Seashore (MFT)

Paper:
Kiwi Kiss, Summer Sun, Pacific Point, and Good Morning Sunshine DSP (SU!)

Ink:
Memento Rich Cocoa

Accessories:
Cuttlebug/scalloped long rectangle Nestabilities; 3M foam squares (craft store); Sea Glass charm (K & Co.); Copic markers


6 comments:

  1. Love MFT stamps! Beautiful summery card :) Thank you so much for playing with my sketch...hope to see you again at TPE!

    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh, Bar... YOU ROCK!!! You have every right to love this card! It's fabulous! And the reverse scallops for waves... ingenious! AWESOME CARD!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in love with this card too!! The colours - the stamp - well everything. I just love it.
    Thanks so much for sharing this with us at the Pink Elephant Challenge.

    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card! This is one of my fav MFT images/sets! Great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your card, it's gorgeous colours. Makes you think of summer instead of the cloudy sky I'm looking at out of my window right now! Love the starfish too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card!! Everything just flows beautifully and is so put together. Thanks for joining us at TPE this week!
    Robin
    http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!