Friday, February 06, 2009

Flower of the Month-February

I'm lovin' these Flower of the Month stamps!! This card is for SCS Sketch Challenge #214-- I love this sketch!!!

My base card is Whisper White with layers of Garden Green and another layer of Whisper White that was run through my Cuttlebug with the Swiss Dots embossing folder. The next element is Garden Green and Elegant Eggplant that was treated to the Textile embossing folder. The next element is Garden Green and Lavender Lace, also embossed with the Textile folder. The focal image was stamped on PTI's Stamper's Select white cardstock with Memento Rich Cocoa ink and colored with Copic markers (see below for colors I used). I added tiny amber jewels to the centers of two violets in the image. It was cut/embossed with a square Nestabilities die, then I ran a Copic marker around the edges. It's matted on Garden Green, done with a scalloped square die, and is up on 3M foam squares. The silk violet is attached with glue dots and has a larger amber jewel for it's center. The leaves are more of the silk ivy leaves that I trimmed with decorative scissors to look more like violet leaves. Three small lavender jewels balance the top right corner. I'm liking this card a lot!

Thanks for dropping by!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Flower of the Month (SU!)
Paper: Whisper White, Garden Green, Elegant Eggplant, Lavender Lace (SU!)
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa
Accessories: Cuttlebug, square Nestabilities, embossing folders; jewels, 3M foam squares, violet blossom, glue dots (craft store); silk ivy leaves (Wal*Mart); Copic markers

3 comments:

  1. This is just beautiful! The colors are so vibrant and I love the textures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you made Garden Green look fabulous! That's not a color I ever go near! Beautiful card, Bar!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous!!! I love the embossing, purple and green,one of my favourite colour combos!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!