Saturday, January 17, 2009

Wishing you comfort.

This card is for SCS Color Challenge #201: Not Quite Navy, Baja Breeze, and Kraft. A very pretty combination. It's also a sympathy card. Unfortunately, we need one of these occasionally, and I thought these colors were very soothing and it won't hurt to have one on hand.

My base card is Kraft, with a layer of Not Quite Navy, then a layer of Baja Breeze with a good deal of paper piercing using a new corner template I got from Ellen Hutson's store, and embellished with flat backed pearls. I really love how this turned out. The focal image is first Not Quite Navy (love that color!), then Kraft with an image stamped from Flourshes' set Thinking of You in Not Quite Navy. Both layers are embellished with flat backed pearls and each layer is up on 3M foam squares, The sentiment, also stamped in Not Quite Navy, is from (what else?) Verve's Wonderful Wishes set. Prima flowers and punched leaves in the challenge colors balance it all.

Thanks for stopping by!

~Recipe~
Stamps:
Thinking of You (Flourishes); Wonderful Wishes (Verve)
Paper:
Kraft, Baja Breeze, Not Quite Navy (SU!)
Ink:
Not Quite Navy (SU!)
Accessories:
flat backed pearls in several sizes, 3M foam squares (craft store); Prima flowers; leaf punch (Martha Stuart); mat/piercer/Ornare paper piercing template (Ellen Hutson)

2 comments:

  1. What a beauty!!! I love what you did with the flowers in the corner! Very gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love this card! The colors are wonderful and your piercing adds just the right touch to the beautiful image. Another set to add to my wish list!
    LeAnne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!