Monday, January 12, 2009

Upsy Daisy Mojo Monday

This card is for Mojo Monday Challenge 68. I'm only a week late, but I'm sliding in just under the wire! This is a great sketch, and shows why Julee's sketches are my go to sketches when I'm stumped (which is often, LOL).

My base card is Whisper White, with a layer of Bravo Burgundy and then a layer of DP from Basic Grey's Eva 6 x 6 pad. The focal image was stamped on Whisper White with Pale Plum using a stamp from SU!'s Upsy Daisy set. I did a little paper piercing in the "empty" corner and matted it with Bravo Burgundy. The next element is more Eva DP on Bravo Burgundy. The sentiment is from Verve's Wonderful Wishes set (LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that set!) and is stamped on Whisper White with Bravo Burgundy. It was cut out with my large oval punch and layered on Bravo Burgundy cut with my curly punch. It's up on 3M foam squares. Green Dew Drops from the Poinsettia bottle accent the strip and the Primas. I'm loving this card, do you?

Thanks for stopping by!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Upsy Daisy (SU!); Wonderful Wishes (Verve)
Paper: Whisper White, Bravo Burgundy (SU!); Eva 6 x 6 pad (Basic Grey)
Ink: Pale Plum, Bravo Burgundy (SU!)
Accessories: Prima flowers; Dew Drops Poinsettia; large oval and curly punches (SU!); paper piercer/mat/corner template (Ornare); 3M foam squares (craft store)

4 comments:

  1. Very pretty card! That is a great sketch and I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful, Bar! Love the soft shades of pink!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful. Fabulous colors! Thanks for playing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So let me ask you a question: Do you own EVERY BG paper? Because this is gorgeous, too!!! This has got to be one of the most popular sketches ever, every single one I've seen has been eye-catching! And your choices of image & paper are perfect!
    LeAnne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!