Saturday, December 27, 2008

Embossed Heart

This card is for the Holiday Challenge Extravaganza #8--an inspiration challenge that can be found here. I chose to be inspired by the colors for my card and I used Mercy's sketch #23 for my layout. AND, another Valentine's Day card--another triple header! YAY!!!

My base card is Whisper White, then a layer of silver metallic card stock, then a layer of DP from Basic Grey's Perhaps 6 x 6 pad. The next element is Bravo Burgundy on silver, the next is Pirouette Pink on silver. The focal image is a stamp from the Always set, stamped in Whisper White craft ink and heat embossed with clear embossing powder (note to self: get white embossing powder) on Rose Red card stock layered on silver card stock. Both layers were cut/embossed with Lables Two Nestabilities dies and adhered with 3M foam squares. Two little Hero Arts heart-shaped accent pearls added to the corners of the pink layer finish it off. I like the layout and will use it again, I'm sure.

Thanks for checking in and taking a look!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Always (SU!)
Paper: Whisper White, Bravo Burgundy, Pirouette Pink, Rose Red (SU!), Perhaps (Basic Grey), silver metallic card stock (Office Max)
Ink: Whisper White craft (SU!)
Accessories: Cuttlebug, Labels Two Nestabilities, accent pearls (Hero Arts), 3M foam squares

1 comment:

  1. beautifully done, barbara! love the valentine colors and that label panel!

    thanks for playing along with this week's sketch...hope to see again next week, too!

    {{{hugs}}}
    mercy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!