Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Dance, sing, live and a bookmark.

Last one today, I promise! I have lots I want to catch up on and I want to *keep* up with the Holiday Challenge Extravaganza at SCS. The main requirement of this second challenge was that this card must be square. I'm not a big fan of square cards but I'm happy with the way this one turned out and will be using it as a birthday card.

My card base is Very Vanilla, layered with Always Artichoke and some yummy DP I just got at Michaels by The Paper Company called Florentine Green and Gold. The focal sentiment is from Verve's So Beautiful set and was stamped on Very Vanilla with Always Artichoke craft ink and embossed with clear embossing powder and cut/embossed with a rectangle Nestabilities die. That was matted on Office Max gold card stock that was cut/embossed with a scalloped rectangle die and then layered on Always Artichoke and popped up on 3M foam squares. A gold ribbon and a butterfly punched with a Martha Stewart punch and embellished with some gold flat-backed beads finish this card off.

The next, and third project, was a strange one, LOL. The challenge was to make something with the "Trim-Lings" from making a square card. I chose to make a bookmark with my "Trim-Ling". It's 1.25" wide and 4.25" long, doubled. I stamped an image from an Inkadinkado snow-themed set, added a hemp stringer and a snowflake charm through a slit I cut in the fold and glued the two flaps together. Then I traced over the stamping with a dark blue Sakura glitter pen to give it a little glimmer. That's it! Kinda cute, I guess ;-)

That's it for today! Thanks for checking it out!


















~Recipe~

Stamps: Beautiful You (Verve)
Paper: Very Vanilla, Always Artichoke (SU!), gold metallic card stock (Office Max), DP Florentine Green and Gold (The Paper Company)
Ink: Always Artichoke craft
Accessories: clear embossing powder, heat gun, ribbon, gold flat-back beads (craft store), butterfly punch (Martha Stewart), Cuttlebug, Nestabilities, 3M foam squares.

~Recipe~
Stamps: Inkadinkado
Paper: Very Vanilla
Ink: Not Quite Navy
Accessories: blue hemp, snowflake charm (craft store)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!