Saturday, November 08, 2008

Birthday Haiku

NOT a Thanksgiving card, LOL!!! This card is for the last of the Verve holiday release challenges, #5.

I used Very Vanilla for the base card, with a layer of Tangerine Tango on that. The next layer is nade up of two designs from the Haiku DSP. The focal images are from the Verve set Artful Elegance and is stamped on Very Vanilla with Tangerine Tango. Then they're layered on Tangerine Tango and Old Olive--all three layers cut/embossed with Nestabilities dies--and are up on dimensionals. The sentiment is stamped on Very Vanilla with Old Olive with a stamp from another Verve set, Wonderful Wishes. It was then cut/embossed with a ribbon slider Nestabilities die and tied on with green ribbon with gold threads running close to the edges. I added a green faceted jewel to each main element and the sentiment tag to bling it up a bit. Thanks for stopping by!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Artful Elegance, Wonderful Wishes (Verve)
Paper: Very Vanilla, Tangerine Tango, Old Olive, Haiku DSP (SU!)
Ink: Tangerine Tango, Old Olive (SU!)
Accessories: Cuttlebug, Nestabilities, faceted jewels and ribbon (craft store)

2 comments:

  1. Wow, this is awesome. I love how well this Verve set coordinates with the Haiku. I just got my Haiku (along with about 3 other packages) and have barely had time to look at it! I just love these colors--great job on the card.
    LeAnne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful colour and paper choices! Awesome job with the sketch!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!