Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Floral Get Well

I got this Inkadinkado Classic Botanicals stamp set a couple of weeks ago and thought I'd play with it a bit. It makes a great get well card, I think. I took this opportunity to try a new--for me--technique. I used my SU! markers and blender pen to do the coloring and I love it!!

I started with a Very Vanilla card base, the edges of which I sponged with Ranger distress ink in Antique Linen. I added a piece of Always Artichoke card stock on which I'd pierced a border with an Ornare template that I got from Ellen Hutson's store. I colored the focal image with Brilliant Blue, Lavender Lace, Always Artichoke, Old Olive, Ruby Red, Summer Sun, and Elegant Eggplant. I cut that out with a Nestabilities die and sponged the edges as I did the card base. I layered it on a scalloped circle of Lavender Lace card stock cut with a Nestabilites die. The sentiment is from My Favorite Things Sassy Sayings set and was cut with a Nestabilities tag die and stamped on Very Vanilla with Lavender Lace ink and sponged, as well. I tied on a bow of sheer lavender ribbon. A double photo corner and lavender flower brads accent the right upper corner. All three of the paper elements are up on dimensionals. Thanks for stopping by to see what I've been up to!

Recipe: Stamps--Classic Botanicals (Inkadinkado), Sassy Sayings (My Favorite Things); Paper--Very Vanilla, Always Artichoke, Lavender Lace, watercolor paper (SU!); Ink--Brilliant Blue, Lavender Lace, Always Artichoke, Old, Olive, Ruby Red, Summer Sun, and Elegant Eggplant (SU!), Ranger Distress Ink Antique Linen; Accessories--Cuttlebug, Nestabilities dies, photo corner punch, sheer lavender ribbon and flower brads (craft store), paper piercer/mat/Ornare template.

1 comment:

  1. This is very pretty....I have seen those Ornare borders and it looks great with this image!
    LeAnne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!