Thursday, October 30, 2008

Birthday Wishes

This card is for the SCS Sketch Challenge 200. I need a birthday card and this layout worked well for this girlie card. It's larger than I usually do to make the little handbags fit.

I got the idea for the handbags on Laura Frederickson's blog, Scrapnextras. Aren't they the cutest little things?! Laura gives great directions for making them with the Round Tab punch here. I did them pretty much exactly the way she did and they turned out so cute!!!

Anyway, my base card is Whisper white with a layer of Basic Black. The next layer is part Whisper White and part DP from Basic Grey's Urban Prairie 6 x 6 pad. Is this not gorgeous paper???!!! I just love it. I got it from Jacksonbelle Embellishments. Check it out. Lindsey has a wonderful stuff and she's a delight to order from. The little handbags are also made with DP in smaller prints from the pad and embellished with Basic Black and brads that match. They're layered on Whisper White square cut/embossed with a Nestabilites die as is the black layer. A black gingham ribbon "ties" it all together (sorry, couldn't resist) and some paper piercing (love how much it adds for very little work) and a black brad, and a sentiment stamped from the Sincere Salutations set finish it off. I'm liking this card, too. Great sketch and great paper--how can you go wrong? Thanks for visiting!

Recipe: Stamps--Sincere Salutations (SU!); Paper--Whisper White, Basic Black (SU!), Urban Prairie 6 x 6 pad (Basic Grey); Ink--Basic Black (SU!); Accessories--round tab punch, oval punch, medium oval punch, 1/16" hole punch, Cuttlebug, Nestabilites small square and small scalloped square dies, ribbon (craft store), brads (Target).

2 comments:

  1. Barbara, these are fabulous! Love your little purses...they are so perfect for the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't Laura the BEST? She is so friendly and has helped me with my photography, not to mention the fact that she is an awesome stamper and creative whiz! This is the sweetest card, and I LOVE that DP!! I think the next time I do a birthday card stamp camp, a purse card will be just the ticket!
    LeAnne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!